Date(s) - 19/11/2020 - 22/11/2020
Κατηγορία(ες) Δεν υπάρχουν κατηγορίες
What is DebConf?
DebConf is an annual conference where Debian contributors get together to work on Debian. It usually happens in person, although in 2020 we held it as an online event due the the COVID-19 pandemic.
What is a MiniDebConf?
A MiniDebConf is similar to DebConf but more localised and these types of events can happen throughout the year. This year we tried out first online MiniDebConf. It was a chance for us to get together online even though we couldn’t do so physically, and also to try out our online tools in preparation for the first online DebConf. It was very popular, so we decided to continue with more online events and aim to continue improving our tools along the way.
Welcome to MiniDebConf Online #2 “Gaming Edition”, four days of Debianites working together to learn, have fun and improve Debian. Talks will take place on 21 and 22 November, and will be preceded by a MiniDebCamp on 19 and 20 November.
Why a MiniDebConf about games!?
Recently, Debian (and Linux in general) has been emerging as a great platform for gaming. Not only for playing games, but for creating games too.
Over these four days, we plan to hold various sessions with broad appeal that should be interesting to people who play games, create games or who are generally interested in what Debian can do, we’re planning topics on:
- Talk to upstream game developers about their experiences, how they develop, how they fund their projects or keep it sustainable
- Cover some great free game engines and game creation tools
- Look at the tools we have available to create graphics and music for games
- Fix bugs in game packages and work on game related issues
- Showcasing great games already packaged, as well as DFSG free games that needs packaging
Click here for more info.
Click here to view the schedule.Όλες οι εκδηλώσεις